The Rotary Club of Battle Creek has been a continuous part of the Battle Creek community since November 1, 1915. The Rotary Club of Battle Creek is the oldest service club in our community. A group of thirteen businessmen and professionals met to lay the groundwork in June, 1915. By charter night, membership had grown to 32 of Battle Creek’s leaders.
Since our first meeting in the Post Tavern, our members have worked with great care and diligence to fulfill the ideals of Rotary International, and its greatest call to action – “Service above Self.” Members of our service club are volunteers who work locally, regionally and internationally to combat hunger, improve health and sanitation, provide education and job training, promote peace and eradicate disease. In addition to our charitable endeavors, The Rotary Club of Battle Creek offers many opportunities for its members to connect socially and professionally, including weekly luncheons featuring respected speakers who are local and regional leaders.
The Rotary Club of Battle Creek continues to today as a living monument to the vision of 13 men in 1915. It is most remarkable not for what it was or has accomplished – – although each are formidable. Rather, the Rotary Club of Battle Creek is most remarkable for the strength of its members and for its potential for good will into the 21st Century.
Rotary Fast Facts:
- The Rotary Club of Battle Creek is a part of Rotary International.
- We are affiliated with Rotary District 6360.
- The Rotary Club of Battle Creek is the second oldest club in District 6360.
- We meet every Monday at noon at the Kool Family Community Center (formerly the Burnham Brook Community Center). The Kool Family Community Center is located at 200 West Michigan Avenue, Battle Creek, Michigan 49017
- Membership continues to grow. Currently, there are 87 members.
- Our mailing address is PO Box 2254, Battle Creek, MI 49016-2254